A Special Exam Just for Our Older Friends
As your pet ages, his or her individual healthcare needs change and quality veterinary care becomes even more important for your senior dog or cat.
Since our pets age at a faster rate than humans, we recommend an exam every six months after your pet reaches age 7 in order to ensure your elderly companion is happy and healthy.
Senior pet care requires attention to certain factors
- Diet and weight management
- Joint health
- Cancer screening
- Heart disease
- Dental maintenance
- Function of thyroid, kidneys, and liver
- Eye and vision health
- Pain management
Regular exams and testing allows us to determine what is normal for your pet. Knowing these results help us detect any abnormalities or problems early. When diagnosed early, many conditions can be successfully managed leading to better outcomes for your pet and treatment costs can often be reduced.
Patton Chapel Animal Clinic has developed a comprehensive senior wellness program designed to meet the changing needs of your pet as he or she ages. Our senior wellness program includes:
- Complete physical exam – evaluates the heart, lungs, eyes, ears, abdomen, joints and skin
- Urinalysis – detects ph balance, crystals in urine, abnormal cells and any signs of urinary tract infection or bladder cancer
- Intestinal parasite exam – Check for worms
- Full biochemisty test and bloodwork – evaluates the liver, kidneys, thyroid levels, blood sugar levels, white blood cell count, red blood cell count and platelet count.
- Blood pressure check
*We may also recommend further diagnostics based on exam and test results.
Call 205-822-4779 or schedule your pet’s appointment online today!